At Alba, we are thoroughly committed to helping to reduce pain without the need for medication or surgery, and that is why – to mark this year’s nationally recognised Back Care Awareness Week – we want to share our top tips on how you can take better care of your back.
- Jemma Bransby-Firth, our Director and Principal Chiropractor, recommends the following:
- Make sure that you move off the sofa or out of your office chair for two minutes every hour
- Sleeping on your side – in a foetal position – is the least stressful position for your back
- Find a form of exercise you enjoy and do it regularly – even if that’s walking the dog
- If you do a lot of lifting, it’s essential that this is carried out correctly: keep the item you are lifting close to your body, with your back straight, and bend your knees
- See a chiropractor or osteopath for a check-up and, if necessary, arrange to have any adjustments made so that you can continue to do the things you love doing, whether that’s playing sports or playing with the kids, or going on holiday
Claim your FREE Alba Spinal Health Centre Referral Gift Certificate
Is someone you know experiencing back pain? In honour of Back Care Awareness Week, we are offering complimentary consultation gift certificates, so please hand these out to your friends, family and co-workers.
Remember to tell everyone you know about our multi-award-winning team of chiropractors and osteopaths, who have been independently rated among the best back and neck pain practitioners in Heaton Moor.
As a thank-you, we will award the most prolific referrer with a luxury hamper that’s crammed with all sorts of goodies, so please keep an eye on our leader board – located in the welcome area of our Chester Road clinic!